Version and Changes
This is 0.2.0 aka ZeroPointTwoPointZero.
Full version log available at VersionandChangeLog.md.
Version History and Change Log - 0.2.0
Also known as ZeroPointTwoPointZero in places where numbers are not allowed or string is preferable.
More details below.
Major Changes - Project Wide
- Documentation - I always maintain extensive internal documention that is private for all my development projects. On a public repo update, I go ahead and include a readme with all neccessary details. This update to this repo adds a dedicated documentation folder.
- Versioning - Every commit and branch will include a dedicated versioning documentation. Apps and Api Server will utilize consistent version number.
- Authentication - API Server and the Apps now employ authentication using Auth0
- Authorization - API Server and the Apps now employ authorization by way of roles.
- GitHub Branches for versions - Version based branches on repository. For every major version upgrade, I plan to maintain a specific branch. It would make it easy to roll back in case of failures, and also provide insight into development of project over time.
Major Changes - API Server
- xUnitTesting - Unit Testing via xUnit is now included in the API Server Project.
- Test Driven Development is now being followed for API Server development. That means, Dependency Injection coupled with industry standard interface usage.
- SQL Server to SQLite - Moved from an online SQL Server to a SQLite database. This makes the project more portable removing the requirement of having to configure a SQL server. (more details at “SQLite shift in 0.2.X” in Database.md)
- Added /api/Admin/Hi
- Added /api/Moderator/Hi
- Added /api/Moderator/GetAllQuotes
- Added /api/TheOthers/claims
- Added /api/User/Hi
- Added /api/User/GetASpecificQuote
Minor Changes - API Server
- API EndPoint Re-organized - I have re-organized the APIs internally, so they fall into specific categories, making it easier to use.
- /api/RandomQuotes/GetHoldOfthem moved to /api/UserNotLoggedIn/GetHoldOfthem
- /api/RandomQuotes/PutThemOn moved to /api/UserNotLoggedIn/PutThemOn
- /api/RandomStuffGeneratorAPIServerDetails/Hi moved to /api/ProjectDetails/Hi
Bug Fixes - API Server
Major Changes - React JS App
- App has been rebuilt from the ground up. Previous version app was a placeholder.
- Implements all endpoints introduced/upgraded in this version of the API Server
- Except this endpoint - /api/UserNotLoggedIn/PutThemOn
- Removed the theme dependency. Uses react strap bootstrap components, avoiding any possible licensing issues. I am not too worried about license but its good to not become married to the theme that was used in 0.1.X
Minor Changes - React JS App
- App has been rebuilt. every change is a major change.
Bug Fixes - React JS App
- App is new. no bug fixes to report.
The initial version (lets call it 0.1.X) that was already deployed had essential things only. A foundational structure that did what it was supposed to do, put the foundation.
This update is a major structural update for the entire project.